Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dance Film!

Randi Courtmanch is a dancer. Randi makes dance films, real ones with real cameras that she actually knows how to use. I'm so jealous. 
A few months ago I danced in a room with Randi Courtmanch and a few video cameras while she followed me around offering suggestions of things to consider while dancing and situations to imagine. This is the second time I've done one of her films and I always really enjoy it.

I just saw this film for the first time and I think it's so great! She had shared it with a film class and received some negative feedback and I'm giving a fat WHATEVER! to that. (I could go on a serious rant about where feedback comes from here) My first thought is that maybe it lives more in the realm of Dance than of Film which I think is great. Isn't that what we're trying to fucking do here?


lasara from Randi Courtmanch on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment